The KDAB Group is the world’s largest independent source of Qt knowledge. KDAB is also a leading provider of OpenGL, C++11/C++14 and Squish training.
We offer hands-on, practical programming training to beginners as well as experienced developers targeting desktop, embedded and/or mobile platforms.
QML for Qt Designers
Introduction to QML, easier ways to create graphical UIs
This special training on QML (also known as Qt Quick) is a introduction for designers that want to create meaningful UI/UX with Qt Qml language.
The QML training helps you to:
- use QML to create rapid prototyping / graphical User Interfaces
- easier create beautiful, pixel perfect UIs and lightweight, touch-enabled apps with Qt
- Achieve better designer/developer comunication
- Introduction to the QML language and declarative programming
- Complex list views including data provided from C++ models
- Custom objects implemented using Qt Quick scene graph
- Profiling and best practices for optimal performance
|Target audience:||UI/UX designers targeting embedded and/or mobile platforms and/or desktop systems|
|Duration:||A class usually takes 3 days|
|Sign up:||Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our training survey to let us help you tailor your on-site training|
Why learn about QML?
QML (Qt Quick) is
- a declarative language
- makes it easier to create graphical UI’s
- enables you to design the User Interface in a much more interactive way than what you may be used to with Qt
- makes it possible to create fully working prototypes
- easily integrates C++ backend code
- allows UI designers and developers to work together – with the same code base.
- enables export of C++ objects to QML to get an optimal split between business logic (in C++) and presentation (in QML)